Why should you participate?
All UGA staff members are invited to participate in the UGA Staff Mentor Program. Staff members will choose whether they want to mentor other staff members, or whether they would like to be mentored by their colleagues. There are numerous personal and professional benefits to participating in a formal mentoring program.
Mentors and Mentees experience:
- Growth: The UGA Staff Mentor Program provides you with dedicated time to spend with others focused on your personal and professional development.
- Belonging: You will tap into a support network for career growth and collaboration and contribute to a positive culture of belonging within the University.
- Knowledge: Individuals will gain insight into others’ experiences and the functions of various departments within the institution. You will also have an opportunity to share your experiences and contribute to others’ understanding of how the University fulfills its mission.
Any staff member with 1+ year of experience at UGA and who is willing to share knowledge, invest in the university community, and develop as a leader can serve as a mentor.
Mentors have the added benefit of:
- Leadership development: Build your skills as you listen to your mentee, coach colleagues, offer feedback, and facilitate dialogue.
- Personal fulfillment: Impart knowledge and create a sense of belonging for staff on campus.
- Recognition: Peers will acknowledge your positive contributions, skills, and expertise.
Already have an account? Login
"As a mentor, I have helped others discover new ideas, develop goals, and increase their confidence, and I have shared ideas, learned from my mentees, and shared in their success. The best part of it all is that I met people who inspire me, motivate me, and enrich my life."
- Marie Mize,
UGA Staff Council